Tuesday, May 1, 2012

'photo a day challenge' - better late than never!


Ok, so I've missed the first four months of Photo A Day Challenge but better late than never right?

But before I begin this challenge, I wanted to share a lil' something about me and photography...

So here goes it.
I've always loved photography.
Loved flicking through people's photos, both amateur and professional. 
Loved snapping up a storm with my lil' old point and shoot.
Loved capturing life.
Loved looking back on life. 
Then a year or so ago I decided to invest in my very first DSLR - a lovely new Nikon D90.
She is my pride and joy.
   
Now I probably should have prefaced this post by saying I know very little about photography.
And by little, I mean nothing!
I've had one brief lesson.
I don't know the terms.
I have zero time to edit my photos.
I doubt I'm even using the right settings. 
To be honest... I'm totally winging it!

But I still love photography.
And I'm still willing to give this challenge a try.

So the moral of today's story?
It's not just about sharing Fat Mum Slim's blog based photography challenge.
The moral of today's story is to give it a go!
Try something new.
Something you are passionate about but have no clue where or how to begin.
Make mistakes.
Make even more mistakes.
Then try again.

 So what if my photos are raw and unedited?
Unrefined and taken in haste.
 That doesn't stop me.

So don't let it stop you!
 Try something new today!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment